Position Title: Grader (Lumber Inspector)
Position Location: Blanca Forest Products, Inc. Blanca CO.
Position Description: Inspects and grades milled, rough sawn, or dimensional stock lumber in a safe and productive manner.
Position Requirements: The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Examines lumber on table, moving belt, chain conveyor, or in racks for defects such as knots, stains, decay, splits,
- faulty edges, pitch pockets, wormholes, and defective milling.
- Grades lumber to ensure specified dimensions.
- Marks lumber to indicate grade and processing instructions.
- Tallies pieces of lumber according to grade and board footage.
- Determines cuts to be made to obtain highest marketable value from material.
- Removes unsatisfactory pieces from conveyor or table and places pieces on stacks, in bins, or on carts.
- Scales board footage and records results.
- Pulls graded lumber into unit form.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires Lumber Grader Certificate.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Salary: Based on experience