Position Title: Plant Maintenance / Electrical Supervisor
Position Location: Blanca, CO.
Position Description: Lead a team of Maintenance, Boiler, and Project personnel on a path of continuous improvement, and improved uptime. Fabricate, rebuild, repair, and install, and maintain Sawmill and Dry End Facility equipment. Troubleshooting equipment. Position Reports to Plant Operations Manager.
Position Requirements: Include, but not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Pipe fitting/plumbing
- Fluid power systems repair and service (hydraulic)
- Pneumatic systems repair and service (air)
- Reconditioning – dismantling, cleaning, painting, and assembling
- Coupling and alignment
- Lubrication and bearing maintenance
- Packing and seals
- Hand and power toolsMechanical fasteners
- Measuring instruments
- Carpentry and masonry
- Machine setup and assembly
- Clean and maintain work area
- Read and understand service and technical manuals
- Use a computer to keep equipment and maintenance records up to date
- Be able to work without constant supervision
- Posses the ability to be a team player
- Drive forklifts and other mobile equipment as needed to perform work duties
- Any or all these would be a plus: Familiarity with sawmill machinery, stream systems, industrial air compressors, kilns, dust collection system, and fire prevention systems.
- Have your own hand tools
- Utilize safe work practices
- Ability to work outside in extreme temperatures.
- Work can be physically demanding at times and involve long hours and weekend work on occasion.
- Hydraulic and welding experience
- Basic electrical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with: Hyster, Cat and lift trucks, Bobcat tractors, Gradall & SkyTrak lifts and Genie boom lifts, over the road trucks & trailers.
- Must work well with co-workers and supervisors.
- Drug free facility
- Ability to check and repair all types of A.C. circuits to 2400 volts ( 3-ph, single phase, motor controls, motor troubleshooting, and basic control circuits using relay or PLC logic)
- Ability to check, troubleshoot and service A.C. & D.C. drives and controls
- Ability to check, troubleshoot and service A.C. & D.C. motors
- Ability to use multi-meter, amprobe and other testing equipment for checking circuits, voltages, currents, continuity, etc.
- Ability to use and follow various machine prints and schematics in order to troubleshoot and repair machine problems
- Ability to replace defective electrical control devices, with the same type or using a substitute
- Ability to do wiring repairs, (running conduit and pulling wire)
- Ability to recognize, test and replace defective discrete components on control modular assemblies (check transistors, odes, assemblies, coils, capacitors, etc.)
- PLC understanding: Know the theory and operation of PLC’s & network communications. (Allen-Bradley) Use a notebook computer and PLC software for reading programs, modifying of programs and troubleshooting operation of program, etc.
- Certifications in ELEC / PLC training preferred
- Must be able to read and write in English