Position Title: Quality Control Manager
Position Location: Blanca Forestry Products, Inc. Blanca CO.
Position Description: Ensures that plant’s production meets BFPI and industry grading and overall quality standards through a training, testing, and inspection program.
- Supervise all aspects of the sawmill quality control program
- Maintain and utilize all optimization systems to maximize lumber values, grade, and recovery
- Monitor kiln performance
- Identify and leverage opportunities to improve sawmill quality management
- Ensure all sawmill quality control documentation is current
- Work closely with sawmill production staff to maximize return to log
- Report out on site-wide quality control activities
Position Requirements: The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Creates, controls, and manages all Quality tools and documents. Tools include quality check sheets monitoring equipment and process performance, quality equipment used to measure performance throughout the sawmill process, and data signifying presence of a quality system at the facility.
- Supports, develops, and implements quality tools that are in alignment with BFPI standards. Ensures that all of the plant’s production meets BFPI and industry product quality standards (e.g. size requirements, moisture content, grading, etc.) by managing a program of inspection, testing, and employee quality training. Implements standards procedures regarding quality control. Establishes necessary record-keeping processes.
- Confirms that all systems and processes that directly affect quality measures are up-to-date (computer parameters, grader instructions, etc.) and that machinery is adjusted to required tolerances.
- Serves as the facilities’ primary representative with the inspection agency. Responsible for WWPA quality audits, quality records (internal calibrations, equipment verification, quality check sheets), and compliance issues at the mill location.
- Obtains assets to achieve quality goals (personnel, training, and tools).
- Ensures the mill is meeting WWPA grading standards, keep accurate and timely quality records for internal scanner calibrations, equipment verification, quality check sheets, training databases, optimization parameters, and compliance issues at the mill location.
- Proposes changes to the mill’s quality manual and programs to the General Manager
Salary: Depends on experience, plus generous benefits package