Position Title: Saw Filer
Position Location: Blanca Forestry Products, Inc. Blanca CO.
Position Description: To maintain sawmill and planing mill saws/knives and related equipment, assist in changing of saws/knives and provide help with trouble shooting during production shifts. This is an hourly, non-exempt position reporting to the Sawmill Supervisor.
- Maintain, sharpen, and repair various round/band saws and knife cutting tools, utilizing saw handling equipment.
- Order and maintain necessary filing and production machine parts in inventory.
- Strive for continuous quality and production improvement on all cutting devices with a positive attitude and innovative thinking.
- Lead machine alignments.
- Update SOP’s for filer area as needed.
- Safety training for all filers as required by Oregon OSHA.
- Stay up on new technology and make recommendations as needed
Position Requirements: The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- 2 years experience
- Sharpening Band/Round Saws and Knife cutting tools
- Saw leveling/tensioning – manual and machine
- Experience with Stellite, Carbide and Swage tooth technology
- Use and/or maintain:
- Saw/knife grinding, leveling and tensioning equipment
- Band/round saw guides
- Alignment of sawing/chipping equipment running surfaces
- Saw/knife cutting tolerances
- Change saws/knives per schedule or as needed
- Follow all company, state, and federal safety rules when performing required job duties
- Read and understand service and technical manuals
- Lubrication and bearing maintenance
- Clean and maintain work area
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Additional duties as required by Supervisor
- Must be able to work as a team player
- Ability to understand and operate:
- Hand and power tools
- Measuring instruments
- Assemble and setup machines
- Use a computer to keep equipment and saw records up to date
- Operate forklift and other mobile equipment as applicable
Salary: Depends on experience, plus generous benefits package